Friday 1 November 2013

Just a Thought On a Crazy Windy Day

Hali's got real spooky Halloween today; on the first day of November, we got a weather so fierce with rain and winds that I have not seen anything like this for several months.

It's a bit late (everything is, as always) in Halifax that real Halloween mood is made here the right next day. In my opinion, "nominal Halloween" is just a mere excuse for college university peeps for getting drunk at downtown.
And being not that proactive, I casually took my bike out and was riding like a tandem of downtown.. Voila Dalhousie, Public Garden and South End, I got my tasks almost done...

Then the chain creaked for a second and broke while I was biking right in the middle of road. For me, this meant one thing: I had to go back home walking. The situation was pretty much helpless, and although my home was not far away from where I stopped, I didn't want to modestly walk back. I was lazy yet didn't want to be a victim of bad fortune. Yea, I, indeed, got a rebel blood too.

So I ended up biking back home. Without a chain that restricted my bike and my thought which bikes must be pedaled to get moving. From the road I stopped to home it was straight downhill. Pretending I was getting the bike going I didn't ponder whether my deception convinced pedestrians and drivers. They got lots of other comedy to enjoy on a wet rough day, no?

I'm not sure if this lesson was enough for me to understand that things don't have to be the way they are as long as the improvised turns out the better. I kept my nose high and satisfied my rebel self by "biking" back home with my bike less its chain.

Playing with a natural phenomenon is just this fun; just a thought on a crazy windy day.




Eiland Sair

No comments:

Post a Comment